Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Of No Great Importance

I was on my last roll of toilet paper for my household.  It was necessary for me to go to Target.
(Although, I did have napkins, cloth diapers & lettuce in the house still.
Any of those could have been a substitute, I suppose.)

Target has Dwell Studio tablecloths that are gorgeous, for $20.




















That is my couch though, not my table.


This is what is on my table.  Oil cloth that can wiped off after each meal.  
(Or every other meal.  Depends on whether or not I care if it is clean.)
















The pits are waiting for Gillian.  She is going to plant them.  
She ate this many "soft little peaches called apricots" in one day.  I think she likes them.  
I do, too.  I love apricot season.  I wanted to make cobbler.  But, I was trying to be good.  I left them alone.  Then by the next morning, they were all eaten anyway.  That's a good thing & a bad thing.
I do remember my mom warning me as a little girl, not to eat too many apricots, or I would make myself sick.

I think my husband will be proud of me when he gets home.  It's always a good day for him, when there is too much vegetable matter to fit into the countertop bucket & it is just all over the counter.  He loves to compost.
















I am going to be cutting back.  On kid's clothes.  Shuffling clothes in & out of the house as they grow out of one size & into the next.  Kids grow too fast.  I'm having a hard time keeping up.  I just started the shuffle again this week.  But, I'm not finished.  This is what Moira's room looks like.  
















I have decided to stop saving clothes that are all stainy & awful looking.  That's a bit of a no-brainer, I guess.  But, I'm going to do more.  Once the child outgrows the clothes & it is time to pack them into the garage, if I don't just love it, I am getting rid of it.  They seriously don't need all these clothes.

Speaking of clothes I love - this is one of my favorites that Gillian used to wear.  Now they fit Moira.
Look at those little jeans.  Ack!  I love 'em!




































See her lips?  She is trying to imitate me whistling.  

5 comments:

Stef said...

I love the tablecloths!!! I especially love the one hanging over your couch. You know how I love the color blue :)

The kids clothes... I have such a love/hate relationship with them. I've been tossing out the ones that are stained as well. Just no need to keep everything. I give them to the half way house, which is nice knowing they'll go to good use.
I don't like the bumping up of sizes though... not a fun job. However, after Kara was born, I became so thankful for all the clothes we passed down from Rachel! We've had to buy Kara very little and its been a money saver :)

The jeans are super cute! I love the them.

Erin said...

Stef, I'm glad for the hand me downs from Gillian, too! But, sometimes I open my storage bins & I think "what the ?? Why did I save this!?" Ha! I am trying to quit that habit.

Karie said...

I've got the same problem. I recently asked another mom of 3 girls what she does to keep the clothes organized and she said she doesn't. Hmmm, that's a concept. It's hard for me to let go of stuff too. I have two whole bags of clothes that have stains I can't get out but I plan to SOMEDAY (yah, right).

laura said...

Erin, I had the same reaction when I opened up Jenna's "older" clothes for Chloe a few months ago. Chloe just turned 1, but she's already in 18 month clothes and I discovered that a lot of the things I saved from when Jenna was wearing that size (when she was 2 - lol) are thrashed! I was quite emotionally attached because of their connection to special stages in her life, but wow...I have no idea why I didn't just toss them back then!
It's just hard to throw out baby clothes. I don't quite know why. I had some adorable sleepers from when Jenna was a baby that Chloe wore so much that there were holes in the toes, I finally threw them out a few weeks ago and I was actually sad about it! I felt so silly feeling that way but I did! It felt like throwing away part of Jenna's babyhood. (I know, get a grip, Laura)
I love Mo's jeans! They're so cute.

laura said...

Erin, I had the same reaction when I opened up Jenna's "older" clothes for Chloe a few months ago. Chloe just turned 1, but she's already in 18 month clothes and I discovered that a lot of the things I saved from when Jenna was wearing that size (when she was 2 - lol) are thrashed! I was quite emotionally attached because of their connection to special stages in her life, but wow...I have no idea why I didn't just toss them back then!
It's just hard to throw out baby clothes. I don't quite know why. I had some adorable sleepers from when Jenna was a baby that Chloe wore so much that there were holes in the toes, I finally threw them out a few weeks ago and I was actually sad about it! I felt so silly feeling that way but I did! It felt like throwing away part of Jenna's babyhood. (I know, get a grip, Laura)
I love Mo's jeans! They're so cute.