Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I Get Teary A Lot

Some things that make me cry

Billy Joel's Goodnight Saigon

And it was dark.
So dark at night
And we held onto each other
Like brother to brother
We promised our mothers we'd write
And we would all go down together ...



Reading profiles for "waiting children", little orphan babies with severe special needs.

Watching TLC's "Hoarders: Buried Alive" 
(It made me want to become a psychologist.  Ha!)

Reading Julia Child's introduction to "My Life in France".

Thinking of my firstborn, who was born & buried 5 years ago.

Trying to fathom how great my Heavenly Father's love is.

6 comments:

Stef said...

thought about you much yesterday and got teary eyed doing so.

This was a sweet post.

LindaFaye said...

I have been getting teary a lot too, but since I am not typically an emotional person I really think it's something God is doing. I cry driving in the car with worship songs blaring... Or thinking about all the free plants God provided for my garden... Or realizing the amazing people God has brought into my life lately that refresh my soul....

Brittany Martin said...

I was thinking of Gabriel this week also and prayed for you and your family.

Krista said...

I was thinking about all of you yesterday, remembering Gabriel.

Can't wait to see you all again!

Melissa Joy said...

Praying that God would encourage your aching heart. Grief is *so hard*!
Much love to you, dear one.

Leah said...

Love you and have been thinking about and praying for you guys lots and lots.