Thursday, May 20, 2010

Day Tripping It


While in Macdoel last week (we are home finally!), we had a couple surprise days off.  So, we took some day trips to see new things.

We went to Ashland Oregon one day.  The drive was incredibly beautiful.  And, for a portion of the time, incredibly frightening.  Highway 66 climbs up the side of the mountains, offering you extremely sheer cliffs to fall off of along the way.

We just stumbled across an excellent restaurant for lunch -


We started with a pizza with house made Italian sausage, 
wild nettles & goat cheese.  SO yummy.

Then we had burgers.  They were also fabulous.  Scott's was Bison.
Then we had Coffee Mousse topped with fresh Blackberries.  
That was a new flavor combo for me.  I really liked it!


The starter bread & spreads were also super good.

Ashland is a really pretty mountain town.  
Gorgeous homes, beautiful scenery & a neat downtown.  
There is also a charming downtown park - Lithia Park.
It has a pretty creek walk & duck ponds.


And a fun playground, too.


The other day we went to Burney MacArthur State Park. 
 Burney Falls & Lake Britton were both amazing.
The "hike" to the falls is really short.  
Gillian exclaimed loudly how fun it is to hike 
when you bring your little animal with you & pretend that it is a baby.  (?)



Amazed by the falls.


This is Peyton's response to "Smile".

The girls!

Lake Britton was a minute down the little road.  It was beautiful!

We hadn't planned on a swim.  But, the weather was warm.  
So, I told the kids they could get their feet wet.



Well.  Sure.  A little more is fine.  


Is it okay if we go a little more?


Uh.....


I guess we'll just drive home with no clothes on...





This diaper had just been "fresh" a few minutes ago.  
When we took it off of her, it must have weighed about 20 pounds.

8 comments:

LindaFaye said...

I love your photos! Seriously, the one of you and kids on the bridge, the water fall one, these are great! And might I say that you look fabulous! I am glad to see some of you on here since most are usually with you behind the camera. I am glad you had a great time in Ashland.

Stef said...

Cute pictures!! looks like a really fun time. We loved Oregon when we drove through it. I'm looking forward to driving through it next week and seeing what the Spring/early summer looks like on it :) I hear they have pretty dramatic weather there - snow and such sometimes all year round!

I loved the pics of you and Scott with the kids - very cute!

Krista said...

Great pictures, thanks for posting! :) It looks like you guys had a great time. Did you happen to see where the campsites were near Burney Falls? Are there any near the lake? That looks like such a great place to go with little kids!!

Krista said...

P.S. I LOVE Peyton's "smile" picture. Classic.

paisley and lace said...

Beautiful, Erin. It looks like great fun with the kiddos.

Charlotte said...

Great pictures, Erin! Can you share with me how your husband took the one of you and the kids at the playground? I see shots like that and I can;t figure out if it was taken that way or is an editing effect.

Charlotte said...

Great pictures, Erin! Can you share with me how your husband took the one of you and the kids at the playground? I see shots like that and I can;t figure out if it was taken that way or is an editing effect.

Tina said...

Beautiful, Erin. It looks like great fun with the kiddos.