Monday, July 11, 2011

Holding a FUNdraiser

Carnival is over.  We raised over $1,000 for World Orphans
ministry partner in Juigalpa Nicaragua.

It was a lot of fun.  And a lot of work.
I loved seeing people come together.
It only happened because a lot of people took part in the work.
The more people working together, the more we can get done.
Thanks ya'll!

(For our photo booth, I printed props offered for free from Lil Blue Boo right here.)

Teamwork is the main way to get something big done.
Another way is planning ahead as much as you can.
But, another way we got this done was a temporary chaos & 
some distracted days in our house.


A few mornings ago, I was trying to get going for the day.
The kids are all asking repeatedly for seconds on cereal.  
I am trying to get my coffee made, before Kendall wakes up.
I open the coffee grinder & dump in blueberry flake cereal.  Oops.

We rush to Target to get some balloons & gumballs more miscellany for the event.
I figure I should grab myself a few t-shirts.  
I think about each shirt for about 2 seconds before throwing them in the cart.
Now I am really regretting 2 out of the 3 choices. 
I don't think saying I hate the shirts is too strong.  

The filth Scott & I cleaned up yesterday 
after a week of close to no house work was almost disturbing.
And we still have a dirty pasta pot on the counter waiting to be washed.  
We ate Spaghetti a week ago.
Our front porch is so full of stuff post carnival, that we can't close the screen door.

I am okay with all of that.  It's okay.

My kids also came down with a fever the day after.
And it might be because of too much carnival.  
Or not.
But it might be.

So, this isn't the norm.  
We won't organize big events often.
We will go back to a relaxed routine of being mostly at home people
and recover.

My own new focus is applying for adoption grants & loans
& getting together funds for our adoption.
And, finishing our dossier.  
My goal is to have it all ready to turn in by the end of July.
We have immigration fingerprinting dates!  July 25th.
The notice arrived while we were at the carnival!

linking up with Heather - 


Stef said...

So glad it went well and great news about the money raised!!

Charlotte said...

I am so happy that you made it through and were able to raise so much money! It looks like everyone had a wonderful time.

christi @ burlap and basil said...

so happy that it went well ... the cleaning up after is always the hardest. keep us posted on the adoption movements.

Nicola S. said...

so excited for you all. We'll be praying for God continuing grace and strength in the whole process. The carnival looks like everyone had a great time!

Stephanie said...

Look at you! You are totally making a difference in this world, Erin Adams. I'm proud to know you. :)