Thursday, December 20, 2012

He Knows

I haven't been on the blog much.
I don't know what to say about some of the hard things that are around us all.

The shooting at Sandy Hook - what a heartbreak. What a massive heartbreak.  Why?

My friend Ian, who was suddenly diagnosed with a very serious form of Leukemia.
How can this be?  He was so healthy. 

Darling little Daisy, at age 8 diagnosed with cancerous tumors 
for the fourth time in her life.
How?  She's so young.

This is the real hard stuff of this world.  I really don't have any words for it.
I mostly just pray.  And even then, I usually don't know the words.

"Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. 
For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, 
but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words."
Romans 8:26

I remember a story about a little 2 year old girl, teaching her own grandma about prayer 
in times such a this.  When you don't know what to say, 
it is okay just to give their names to Jesus.
I learn from her too, and I offer up names.

"For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, 
but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin.
Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, 
that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need."
Hebrews 4:15-16

He knows.  He knows my heart.  He knows their needs.  He knows the pain.  
He is able to sympathize with all our big, ugly, confused feelings.  
So, even in my lack of words, I can come boldly, in faith.

He knows His good plan.  He knows how to accomplish it.

Jesus, Ian.  Jesus, Daisy.  Jesus, Laura.  Jesus, Karen.  Jesus, Arielle.  Jesus, John....




No comments: