...count your gifts
I think I am going to join Ann's Gratitude Community.
I had a bit of disappointment this weekend. Not anything seriously grievous. Just a huge bummer. You know the kind? You say to yourself, "get over it. not a big deal." Then you keep finding reasons to mope about it.
Then everything else seems like a good reason to get irritated, too.
Your babe refuses to take her afternoon nap for the 2nd day in a row.
Your sewing machine jams.
You've got a headache.
It all becomes woe is me. There are still things to be thankful. Still so many things.
So, I'll start the counting today. Here's #1-#13.
The beginning of the list of 1,000 gifts.
1. A just right sunny day.
2. Baby grooving to music.
3. Strawberry patch full of ripe fruit.
4. Finding Big sister's puppy
whose disappearance had been greatly mourned for 3 days.
5. Morning walk to grocery store, with all three kids crammed in the wagon.
No one tried to jump out.
6. Crunchy Garlic Chicken enjoyed by kids & adults alike.
7. My encouraging Mom.
8. This artichoke bloom from my husband.
9. Summer berries
10. A visit from a friend in which these cookies were eaten.
11. Baby finally napping for a brief time.
12. Buddy boy wants a big cuddle after his nap, while I get to read my book.
13. Bacon Avocados from our farm box in our dinner salad tonight.