Friday, November 6, 2009

I <3 My Garbage Man

The day started off a little slow. I slept in a bit. Was totally groggy when my kids came in to tell me that if was 7:05. "Get up you crazy bones! It's O 5!"
Sitting on the couch scratching my head, I realized that it has been quite a while since I took a shower. But, I woke up too late to get it in before Scott leaves for work. Ugh. Start the coffee brewing. Go to change the baby's diaper. Gillian comes running in to tell me that the coffee is spilling everywhere. I know about this one. It happened 3 days ago. I don't know why. But, it happens. With greater frequency these days. But, I am not sure the coffee pot is actually broken. So, I don't want to throw it out. I just keep brewing vinegar through it to try to clear up any clogs.
Anyway. Scott leaves for work. Moira is too fussy to put down. So I am just sitting there holding her. That's fine. Then. I hear the garbage truck. Oops. Forgot it was garbage day. I run out in the front yard in my p.j.'s, with infant in hand. The truck is already to my house. I realize the can is too heavy for me to maneuver through my tight driveway, while I am holding Moira. UGH. My can is full. But, I guess I missed out...
NOT TODAY. The driver got out of the truck & came & brought my can to the sidewalk. I have never witnessed such a thing. This is not the first time I have been late on bringing my cans out. Usually the driver doesn't even wait in his truck 1 extra second. But, this guy got out & did it himself. I was very impressed. I hope he gets a raise. Excellent customer service!!

7 comments:

Mrs. Schwager said...

i am so glad i am not the only one who can't get it together in the morning.

big hair betty said...

I am SO all about having the coffee on a timer in the morning. Ready when I wake up, it's like a present to me every day! Glad to hear a good story about good customer service, you should report it to his boss!

Krista said...

That's excellent! I remember the trash guys at Gavello being pretty nice to me too (since I never remembered to take it out the night before). If they saw the gate opening they would wait for me. :) Also, do you guys want a new coffee maker? We have one we aren't using- it's super nice.

Stef said...

What a nice guy!! Now you just have to get Scott to be your garbage man so this won't happen again. :)

I have a coffee maker you could have... too far we live so far away now :(

Erin said...

I really should give the good report to the boss.
Thank you all for your kind coffee pot offers! The silly thing about the coffee maker - we have another in our closet. I just don't want to give up on this one, for some reason. Maybe I am crazy? It sort of sounds like it...
Scott is not my garbage man. Though, he does often do the garbage chore. But, as wonderful as he is, he does actually forget sometimes, too. The truth is, he, nor I, are perfect. I know. Shocking. But, I must tell the truth.

Stef said...

well I didn't mean he'd literally BE the garbage man, but you know. Its the manly chore, right? :)
Jason and Ethan take ours out and I'm always thankful for it, because I KNOW I'd forget every week.

Stef said...

well I didn't mean he'd literally BE the garbage man, but you know. Its the manly chore, right? :)
Jason and Ethan take ours out and I'm always thankful for it, because I KNOW I'd forget every week.