Thursday, April 23, 2009

Just Make Spaghetti

I haven't done any good blogging lately. Sorry. I haven't been much into the computer. I've had blog posts in my head. But, I haven't felt like ever putting them onto the blog!


Our baby is due in 3 weeks. Scott is traveling for business for the next 2. Pray she is not early!

Last week, before his really heavy work load began, I was laying in bed at 3am, unable to sleep. As the clock ticked on, I let the troubles build up. I wasn't feeling up to managing everything alone. What was I going to do? I didn't want to have to deal with Gillian crying every time I told her no (no, you can't have a candy right now. no, you can't eat that stick of butter. no, you can't watch more movie....) I didn't want to have to listen to Peyton screaming when he wants to be held all the time, but it is just not possible. I didn't want to get more groceries. I didn't want to cook more food. I didn't want to think about any of that. I was feeling so ready to just be in the hospital bed, post birth of Moira, not having to do anything but rest & nurse her.

Before I finally went to sleep that morning, I finally told myself that I didn't need freak out so much. I could just make Spaghetti for dinner. What's wrong with that? I wouldn't even need to go to the store...



Things have been fine. God is good & provides the grace needed - if I depend on Him! The last few days, I have noticed how delightful my kids are. Are they happier lately? Is it because I have had a better attitude? I don't think so... Maybe I just now noticed things that I was noticing before? Anyway. They have had such funny bone lately. It is so cute. It makes me happy!



I still have a lot of things left on my nesting list to do. But, I am really pleased with how much has been done, too. My home is slowing becoming a more organized place. That is a lovely thing. I sewed new curtains for the kids' bedroom. And, the valances are partially done. I have the fabrics for Moira's blanket quilt mostly ironed & almost ready to cut. I have almost everything together that I want to put into a gift package for the kids, while I am at the hospital. Things are getting done... And, what doesn't get done - I'm okay with it!

3 comments:

Hummingbirder said...

Congratulations on all your recent accomplishments! Great, honest post!
We'll be praying about your upcoming birth of baby Moira.

Stef said...

I love reading about these things we stay-at-home mommies are learning each day. Its encouraging also, to know you're not the only one! :)

I don't want to be discouraging at all, but for me... what you posted about here (your frustrations) sound like my every day life since Kara has been born! There's something about adding that third child. It just really throws you off. And not like in a bad way, its just hard to get used to and almost makes you feel like you're walking sideways a bit. I think moms like you and me feel it more because all 3 of our kids are so close together. Who knows... all I wanted to say is, if you can pray about it now and work on it now before she comes, you'll do that much better afterward. Kara is coming on 7 months old and i'm finally feeling like life is normal and manageable again.
Its crazy, but crazy wonderful. :)

Can't wait to meet sweet Moira

Melissa Joy said...

Thinking of you & praying your little sweet girl will arrive after Daddy gets back. :) Thanks for the domestic honesty & encouragement.((hugs))