Monday, March 30, 2009

Miss Strawberry Shortcake

Saturday was a lovely spring day. We spent time in the backyard, working in the garden. And, Gillian & I spent some time in the kitchen, too. We had crisped Meyer lemon Gnocchi with Prosciutto for lunch. That was yummy & spring-y.
Gillian made Strawberry Shortcakes for our dessert. She was SO happy making the cakes. She was squealing & giggling the whole time. If ever I got side-tracked to wash a dish or anything like that, she would shout, "Mommy, Me make cake!!!"


She loved cutting in the butter. It gave her a chance to sneak a few pieces of butter to snack on. Her favorite.


The proud chef. She is also wearing a "new" strawberry dress that I found at Good Will. I am so proud of the find! I have a few other items to show you, that I found thrifting.

3 comments:

Krista said...

So fun and cute! I love that she is so into helping with chores and stuff. Elijah just helped me cook dinner for the first time the other night, he loved it too. I posted about it. :)

Nicola said...

Gillian is getting so big. It looks like she had a great time cooking. She's taking after her mom. Love you.

Hummingbirder said...

I love the little dress you found at Goodwill!
I go often to thrift stores here and love a good find.