Thursday, July 10, 2008

The 1 Thing I've Learned


Gillian is getting so grown up. She'll be 2 in a few months. I can't believe it.
She has been sleeping in a big girl toddler bed, in her new room, for a week now. It is a little rough. But, better than I had imagined.

Here she is posing for a photo in her new bed.


Now I am trying to potty train her. I've learned one thing so far. Potty training is exhausting to the trainer! Yesterday I thought maybe I was pregnant again already. I was that tired. I was almost falling asleep, every time I stopped moving. Having to watch her so attentively at every moment wears me out. Potty Training is probably very tiring to the trainee, too. Can you imagine, having someone ask you every 2 minutes, "Do you have to go potty?! Tell Mama if you have to go potty, okay? We go potty in the potty seat now." That has the wear out the hearer, too.
So far I haven't learned anything else. Meaning we have not been successful!

3 comments:

Stef said...

I think every Mommy out there is saying "yes and Amen!" to this post. :)
I'm starting the potty training in two weeks with Rachel and I am not looking forward to it. I think she'll be easier than Ethan was (because she is very ready) but I hate having to stay home for one whole week and do nothing but talk potty. :) Good luck to you guys!

Anonymous said...

Go Erin Go!!

I told Krista that she should potty train Elijah this week and see if they can beat you guys. :)

Stef said...

I think every Mommy out there is saying "yes and Amen!" to this post. :)
I'm starting the potty training in two weeks with Rachel and I am not looking forward to it. I think she'll be easier than Ethan was (because she is very ready) but I hate having to stay home for one whole week and do nothing but talk potty. :) Good luck to you guys!