Sunday, November 11, 2012

The Well that is Full {draw your love here}

"Love you neighbor as yourself"

The command is simple.
There are only a few words and they are simple to understand.

But, the command is, oh so very hard.
I mean, really!  How ever could we come even close to living by that?!

The one who is different from me -
I just can't get the things they say and do.
The one who has hurt me, perhaps more than once.
The one who irritates me.
The one who acts superior to me.
How?  Love that one as myself?!

There is a well from which we can draw up love.
A love never ending.
If my cup is running dry,
it is because I have neglected the commandment that comes first -

"And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart 

and with all your soul 
and with all your mind and with all your strength"

Only when I love God first, can my cup be filled up to overflowing.

He is a well that does not run dry.

It is the paradox of loving others well - Love God first.

In loving God first, I am free to love others immeasurably more.

God is a good Father, who gives freely to His children all that we need.
If my love well has run dry, I know who to ask.



"When I have learned to love God better than my earthly dearest, 
I shall love my earthly dearest better than I do now."
-C.S. Lewis

No comments: