Thursday, November 11, 2010

Big Girl Outing




Gillian & I took a little big girl date yesterday.
She got a hair cut at mommy's hair salon.
She loved it!
She now wants to be a hair salon lady when she grows up.
She's planning to blow dry & brush my hair for me today.


Post hair cut, we went to downtown Santa Cruz 
(Gillian marvels at the beauty of Pacific Avenue)
to get her a pair of jeans.
I've needed to get her new pants for quite some time.
Poor girl had to continually hold them up in the back 
if she didn't want her bottom to show.
We found some pants that can keep her covered.

It was a challenge for a 4 year to buy blue jeans during the holiday season, 
when there were shelves of sparkle shoes with gems on them 
& racks of frilly tutu skirts.
We got the tiny bunny to share with her siblings, 
instead of expensive Christmas bling.

We browsed Stripe.  
Gillian ooohhed and awed over all the treasures.  
She was amazed by the golden jewelry.

Then we picked up dinner & brought it home to the rest of the family.
She was glad that bed time was soon.  She said she was exhausted.

I'm learning to Embrace the Camera.  You can do it, too.  
Link up with Emily at the The Anderson Crew.

10 comments:

Melissa Joy said...

That's so incredibly sweet.
And as a note, my Gabriel loves to fix my hair! My mom washed, trimmed, dried, and curled my hair a few days ago, and he helped the whole time (of course the drying and brushing is when he can really dig his hands in). Love it. :)

Unknown said...

sounds like you spent a great day together! :)

hill said...

cute shots and what a fun day!
xoxo.

Krista said...

How fun! And so cute that she was looking forward to bedtime. :)

Heather @ Life Made Lovely said...

what a sweet time spent together. i can hardly wait to take my daughter on big girl dates to the salon! it sounds so fun. :)

Stef said...

sounds like so much fun! I love single dates with the kids.

paisley and lace said...

Love it!

paisley and lace said...

Love it!

hill said...

cute shots and what a fun day!
xoxo.

Fawn Teresi said...

sounds like you spent a great day together! :)