Thursday, September 2, 2010

Welcoming September

This week we went to the local teacher supply store, Kaleidoscope.
We picked out some flashcards.
Counting
Shapes
Colors
Letters
We picked out some simple workbooks.
Glittery pencils & cool pencil grips.


When we got in the car, Gillian asked me if it was time for school to start.
I said yes, just about.
She squealed/screamed, "Right now is all my favorite things!
School time & the Air Show!!!!"



I am planning to use the fantastic blog I just found today, 
for planning a little weekly class we are going to do.
I am so blown away by the adorableness of this!

They are doing these great lower case craft cards.
I am going to use this the year.  
Not every letter has a full lesson plan, like "c" does.  
But, they have a plethora of ideas around the site to help out.

Hopefully I can share with you some of what we do each week!
Plan on it, okay!
(But, we aren't starting the "class" for a few weeks yet...)



6 comments:

Stef said...

Sounds like fun! I think I'm getting into all of this more than the kids are :)

Charlotte said...

Every morning my youngest asks, "Are we starting school today?" and then is so disappointed when I say no. Well I'll be saying 'yes' next Tuesday and I think I am finally ready. I can't wait to hear about your homeschooling adventures!

Melissa Joy said...

That's one of my favorite websites for kiddo stuff! Isn't it fun?
Unfortunately, my boy isn't quite old enough for some of the things I've tried to do with him... but we'll get there eventually. :)

Nicolle Robidart said...

Thanks for the great info Erin!!! I was on there site for hours getting some great ideas! We started school about two weeks ago and it's going great. I can't wait to use some of the books and ideas from totally tots. I would love to hear how it goes with you. See you soon.

Stephanie said...

That "Totally Tots" website looks FUN. Thanks for pointing it out.

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

Nicolle Robidart said...

Thanks for the great info Erin!!! I was on there site for hours getting some great ideas! We started school about two weeks ago and it's going great. I can't wait to use some of the books and ideas from totally tots. I would love to hear how it goes with you. See you soon.