Friday, April 9, 2010

Middle Eastern Flavors - Salad

This is a salad we created last week for the Passover Seder meal we attended.  We tried to do something with a Middle Eastern flair.
When I say we, that is because Scott created the dressing in his head, told me about it & I created it for real.

Middle East Inspired Spinach Salad with Creamy Dressing


Creamy Spiced Yogurt Dressing
1 cup Plain Yogurt
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 1/2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
Splash of Vinegar (Use something subtle; I used champagne vinegar.)
1 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
1/2 teaspoon Dry Mustard
3/4 teaspoon Turmeric
1/2 teaspoon Cumin
1 clove crushed Garlic

Pretty much just whisk all this stuff together in a bowl until well combined.  If it is a little too think, add some more Olive Oil & Lemon Juice &/or Vinegar.
Taste & adjust seasoning, if necessary.  (The We comes into play here, too.  Scott does the tasting & advising as to whether it is good or not.  I am not a taste tester.)


Salad Ingredient Ideas
Spinach (my main green in this salad.
I mixed in other salad greens that I happened to have, too, though)
Sauteed Asparagus
Cherry Tomatoes
Celery
Carrots
Sunflower Seeds
Pine Nuts
Feta Cheese
Olives
Red Onions
Roasted Bell Peppers

Throw it in a bowl & eat it!

For another good salad this week, check out Nini's Recipe Rodeo .

No comments: