Monday, August 16, 2010

Whales


The weather was super nice yesterday in Monterey.
Scott & I went Whale Watching!





We also saw a lot of Sea Lions.
They were cute.

But, they were really stinky.  I nearly choked!




We saw two Blue Whales.  Which was incredible.  This one was so close to our boat.
We couldn't really good any cool pictures of him.  He was just huge!


We saw lots & lots of Humpbacks.  
They were fun to watch, as they would bend up from the water often.


They were all around us.  



Here's a bad picture of us.

7 comments:

Krista said...

HOW FUN! I am glad there were lots of whales for you guys to see! I can tell the Blue Whale was huge, how cool that they were so close to the boat. Makes me want to try again but I don't know if Nick will be up for that! ;)

Nicola said...

I love the pictures you took Erin! I would love to go whale watching someday. Here I live in Cali for so many years and never did it. Oh, Well!
I also think it's a good picute of the two of you!

Stef said...

amazing pictures!! I've never done the whale watching, but have always wanted to!
Also, its not a bad picture of you guys - turned out very cute! And you look great, btw!

LindaFaye said...

I would love to go whale watching!! I think Sean thinks it's silly...

Charlotte said...

Very cool, Erin! That is something my Sweetie and I want to do the next time the two of us visit the coast. And ALL your pictures were great!

Stephanie said...

Looks fun...except that I get very seasick. My "sea legs" are horrible. ;)

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

Nicola S. said...

I love the pictures you took Erin! I would love to go whale watching someday. Here I live in Cali for so many years and never did it. Oh, Well!
I also think it's a good picute of the two of you!